“Why do We fast?”
A frequently asked question is “Why do we fast?”. Fasting restarts our bodies and allows it to recycle waste depending on how long our fast is for. The longer the fast, the more waste is expelled from our bodies. We can accumulate ten years or more of waste in our intestines. Once removed our bodies can work efficiently. Our brains think faster, work less. Blood in our veins flow smoothly to our muscles which are stronger and healthier. Our systems can coordinate effectively. We feel uplifted, blissful and patient. We also learn discipline. Food is important but not to be idolized. It is a luxury, to be appreciated and used properly. Food is used to heal.
Ways of fasting:
- Intermediate Fasting
- Water fasting
- The 16/8 Method: Fast 16 hours a day
- The 5/2 Fast: Fast for two day a week
- Eat-Stop-Eat: Fast for 24 hours once or twice a week
- Alternative Day Fasting: Fast every other day
- The Warrior Diet: Fast during the day, Eat a huge meal during the night
- Spontaneous Meal Skipping: Skip meals when needed
“Food is our friend, Transmute our relationship”
For more information, feel free to email Merakiwright@gmail.com. Sending peace, love and light to all.