“Do you know what’s in your water?”
Alkaline water is water that’s less acidic than regular tap water. This means it is rich in alkalizing compounds, including calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate. On top of soothing acid reflux, other claimed benefits of alkaline water, according to Levine, are that it helps neutralize acid in the bloodstream, which leads to increased oxygen levels and improved energy and metabolism; it contains antioxidant properties (anti-aging and anti-disease); cleanses the colon.
- Add 1 tsp baking soda to 1 cup of filtered water
- Stir well to completely dissolve it
- Test PH level of your water with a PH strip
- Match your PH strip with the PH color chart. If it’s between 8-9, your alkaline water is fit for consumption.
- Add 6-7 lemonade slices in 3 cups of filtered water
- Add 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt to it and let the water sit overnight
- Test the PH level of your water
- Match your PH strip with the color of the color chart
- If the PH level of your water is between 8-9, your water is fit for consumption.