I hope your day is vibing in a positive way! Today we are going to talk about yoga. Yoga is a ancient term which derives from the word “yogi” which means yoking, which is a term for oxygen. It is used to unify the mind, body and soul. It is also used to relax, stretch and to stay fit. Yoga is about “your practice”, it is your own personal experience. Your practice is always different from the next persons practice. It can be difficult but it can also be the best thing because it involves you letting go of ego and allowing the mind to see that no one is better than anyone else. There are many benefits of yoga, it helps mood, helps people with diabetes and asthma and also strength training. Other benefits of yoga are:
- Increased flexibility
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from energy
And many more… A website that lists more is Listed Here
There are also many types of Yoga. There is:
- Hatha: refers to any practice that combines poses, or asanas, with breathing techniques, or pranayamas. The goal is to develop flexabity and balance. You integrate breathing into every movement so that it relaxes you and has restorative powers.
- Vinyasa: another word is “power yoga”. This requires you to move continuously throughout the class. You should expect to do standing and sitting poses that help you with balance, strength and flexibility.
- Iyengar: this emphasis proper alignment to strengthen the muscles and support the joints. You uses props and straps to get you into the poses. It can also improve chronic neck pain.
- Kundalini: this is ideal for a spiritual experience. This was made to calm the mind and energize the body through movement, chanting, mantras and breathing. The goal is to realize the energy that is built up at the base of spine.
- Bikram: it is also known as “hot yoga”; renamed in the 1970s. The classes are set up in a 105 degree heated room with a 40 percent humidity level to mimic the founders hometown in northern india. The heat loosens up your muscles so that your body is able to stretch. Avoid eating two hours ahead of time and have plenty of water.
- Ashtanga: this is ideal for the most seasoned yoga professionals. It is a challenging style that consists of a variety of poses. It requires strength and endurance.
I have tried a variety of these different techniques and they are a very usual way of experience. I actually recommend doing them for I would tell you to lift weights or run. I also would recommend that you consult a doctor before you decide to try them.
There are somethings you will need while doing yoga, like a mat, towel/blanket and blocks. You may also want to dress comfy while doing yoga. I recommend wearing tank tops, leggings, shorts, tights and no socks. Your feet can better grip the mat and also the ground feels better.
I also wanted to include 6 great online yoga resources:
I hope I have helped you spirits get closer to your higher selves with this information. Gratitude for visiting, until next time, namaste loves😘!